Risk of Ebola importation and further spread in Armenia assessed as low
1 minute read

Armenia’s National Center for Disease Control and Prevention has presented an update on the epidemiological situation regarding Ebola. The centre said the risk of Ebola being imported into Armenia and subsequently spreading in the country is assessed as low.
“As of August 20, an Ebola outbreak caused by the Bundibugyo virus is continuing in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
“As of August 19, 5,290 confirmed cases and 2,516 deaths had been recorded. The epidemiological situation remains tense. The main epicentre is Ituri province, although cases have also been recorded in other provinces,” the centre said, adding that imported cases had been recorded outside the DRC, but sustained transmission of the disease is not currently being observed. The end of the local outbreak in Uganda was declared on July 28.
Armenia’s National Center for Disease Control and Prevention continues to monitor the international epidemiological situation and implement the WHO’s temporary recommendations.