Lavrov cites Pashinyan’s statement while talking about NK conflict settlement principles in Yerevan
YEREVAN, NOVEMBER 11, ARMENPRESS. While talking about the settlement principles of the Nagorno Karabakh conflict at a press conference in Yerevan, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov cited the statement of Armenian Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan according to which any solution for the conflict settlement should be acceptable for the peoples of Armenia, Artsakh and Azerbaijan.
“As for the NK conflict settlement principles, I can once again cite Armenian Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan’s statement according to which it is necessary to take into account the wish of the Armenian, Artsakh and Azerbaijani peoples. In principle, the territorial integrity, self-determination and the exclusively peaceful settlement of the conflict are fixed at all types of documents which are being discussed between the sides. In any case the final decision should take into consideration all these principles. Neither Yerevan nor Baku debate over this issue”, the Russian FM said during a joint press conference with Armenian FM Zohrab Mnatsakanyan.
Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov arrived in Armenia on an official visit on November 10-11. He already met with Armenian Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan.
Edited and translated by Aneta Harutyunyan
- Armenian PM’s spouse Anna Hakobyan invites Mehriban Aliyeva to Artsakh
- Italy interested in effective negotiations over NK conflict - Giuseppe Conte
- Memorandum of Artsakh Foreign Ministry disseminated in UN
- Defense Minister, OSCE’s Andrzej Kasprzyk discuss situation at state border and LoC
- Developing any agreement without people of Nagorno Karabakh will be impossible, says Russia