Lawyer informs about stay of proceedings in the case of Kocharyan and others and sending them to Constitutional Court
YEREVAN, MAY 21, ARMENPRESS. The court has made a decision on the stay of proceeding of the case of 2nd President of Armenia Robert Kocharyan, former Vice Prime Minister Armen Gevorgyan, former Defense Minister Seyran Ohanyan, and former Secretary General of the CSTO Yuri Khachaturov and sending it to the Constitutional Court, Seyran Ohanyan’s lawyer Inesa Petrosyan told ARMENPRESS.
“ I was informed from the court that the case has been suspended on the grounds of sending it to the Constitutional Court”, she said.
Prosecutor General’s Office has no information about it yet.
The 4 are accused of overthrowing the constitutional order during March 2008 unrest. Only Robert Kocharyan was detained, but was released on March 18 given the personal guarantees of the present and former Presidents of Artsakh.
Edited and translated by Tigran Sirekanyan
- Prosecutors to submit motion demanding recusal of judge in Kocharyan’s case
- Rival demonstrations outside Yerevan courthouse as Kocharyan bail verdict expected
- Robert Kocharyan’s trial takes place behind closed doors – confidential information will be
- Artsakh’s president Bako Sahakyan, ex-president Arkadi Ghukasyan present personal
guarantees in court for Kocharyan’s release
- Yerevan court expected to see 2 ex-presidents and 1 incumbent president all at once