Armenia acquires as much armaments as needed for the security of our country - Chief of General Staff of Armed Forces of Armenia
YEREVAN, SEPTEMBER 21, ARMENPRESS. Armenia acquires as much armaments as needed for the security of our country, Chief of General Staff of Armed Forces of Armenia Movses Hakobyan told the reporters at “Yerablur”. Referring to the question about the Russian arms sales to Azerbaijan, Movses Hakobyan emphasized that any kind of arms acquired by Azerbaijan is a threat for Armenia and Artsakh.
Speaking about the announcement attributed to the Armenian Foreign Minister about the surrender of the territories that do not put Artsakh’s security under threat, the Chief of General Staff said that he does not know any territories the surrender of which will not jeopardize Artsakh’ security.
To the question if the army will oppose the surrender of territories, Movses Hakobyan answered that the army will do whatever the political leadership decides. “Moreover, we need new and better territories that will ensure the security of Artsakh”, Hakobyan said.
- Anti-Armenian phrasing removed from PACE draft resolution
- Tension significantly decreases in Artsakh frontline – President’s adviser
- Holding parades and completing combat missions ain’t the same, says Armenian army chief on
Baku military display
- OSCE Secretary General, Russian deputy FM discuss Nagorno Karabakh conflict
- ‘Need more responsible and sensible negotiating party’ - Armenian FM comments on Aliyev’s