Armenian Parliament adopts Electoral Code draft
YEREVAN, MAY 17, ARMENPRESS. The Armenian Parliament adopted the Electoral Code draft by a second hearing.
Before the voting began, Speaker of the Parliament Galust Sahakyan announced that according to the Armenian Constitution, the Electoral Code is a constitutional law, and should be adopted by at least 3/5 votes of the total number of MPs.
94 voted in favor, 18 against, and 4 abstained from voting.
According to the Constitution of Armenia, the Electoral Code should be adopted until June 1 of 2016.
- Armenia is the guarantor of Artsakh's security - MFA
- Armenian PM’s spouse Anna Hakobyan invites Mehriban Aliyeva to Artsakh
- Italy interested in effective negotiations over NK conflict - Giuseppe Conte
- Memorandum of Artsakh Foreign Ministry disseminated in UN
- Defense Minister, OSCE’s Andrzej Kasprzyk discuss situation at state border and LoC