Armenia votes to elect new parliament
YEREVAN, JUNE 20, ARMENPRESS. The voting for early parliamentary elections kicked off in Armenia on June 20.
2008 polling stations across 38 electoral districts throughout the country have opened as of 08:00, June 20.
The vote will be concluded at 20:00, and the ballot count will begin.
25 political forces – 21 parties and 4 alliances are running for parliament.
Below is the list according to their numbers:
- “Fair Armenia” party
- “Armenian National Congress” party
- “Civil Contract” party
- “Zartonk” National Christian party
- Liberty party
- Alliance “With Honor”
- United Homeland party
- Pan Armenian National Statehood party
- Bright Armenia party
- Our Home Is Armenia party
- “Republic” party
- “Hayots Hayreniq” party
- “Free Motherland” alliance
- “Prosperous Armenia” party
- Democratic Party of Armenia
- “5165 national conservative movement” party
- “Citizen’s Decision” social-democratic party
- “Shirinyan-Babadjanyan Democrats Union”
- “National Agenda” party
- Verelq party
- Liberal party
- European Party of Armenia
- “Armenia” alliance
- “National Democratic Axis” pan-Armenian party
- “Sovereign Armenia” party
According to official data, 2,578,678 people are entitled to vote.
50 foreign and 68 local media outlets have been accredited to cover the elections.
8 international and 19 local organizations will carry out observer mission during the elections.
The electronic voting kicked off on June 11 and was completed on June 13, but the results will be summed up on the voting day.
Editing and Translating by Aneta Harutyunyan