1 minute read
Armenia’s Ministry of Defence has denied media reports that servicemen who were hit by a vehicle in Chambarak were running in gas masks, the ministry said in a statement.
“Various reports concerning the circumstances of the accident in Chambarak are circulating in the media and on social networks, despite proceedings having been initiated over the incident.
“Following discussions with our colleagues at the Investigative Committee of Armenia, we consider it necessary to respond to one of these reports: claims that the soldiers were running in gas masks do not correspond to reality,” the statement said.
Earlier on August 20, Armenia’s Ministry of Defence reported that several servicemen had been hit by a vehicle in Chambarak, one of whom died.
Criminal proceedings have been initiated by the Investigative Committee over the incident, and the driver who hit the servicemen has been arrested.