PM unveils checklist leading to economic revolution
YEREVAN, FEBRUARY 15, ARMENPRESS. Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan has presented 15 points that the government should focus on in order to advance the economic revolution.
“Certainly the government still has to adopt the list of actions stemming from its action plan, but I would like to differentiate this list from the list of actions that will encourage economic revolution,” the PM said at today’s Cabinet meeting.
He then listen the 15 points.
“1. Revise all investment proposals that have been submitted until now, inventorize their process, uncover problems concerning their implementation, centralize the information at the Ministry of Economic Development and Investments,
- Compile a roadmap of simplifying regulations, including with the goal of solving the predictable accessibility problem of water, gas and electricity,
- Accelerate the work on creating the Armenian Investment Fund, which will carry out accompanying of investment programs,
- The seasonal employment period is opening now, develop a mechanism so that citizens will not be deprived of social or family benefits in the event of being hired for seasonal employment,
- Register all vacancies existing in Armenia, per wages, addresses and companies,
- Quickly discover those people who are [re-paying] 100,000 drams and more in monthly loans and are simultaneously benefiting from the system of benefits,
- Maintain the issue of lowering bank interest rates in the agenda and develop a strategy,
- Develop effective mechanisms of crediting micro-businesses and animal husbandry,
- Launch full swing works for creating Educational-Training (vocational) Centers,
- Activate and develop all those educational centers whose aim is to teach people business skills. With this purpose, carry out joint projects with the public and other television broadcasters,
- Activate the involvement of the private sector in reviving and activating specialized educational facilities,
- Increase the efficiency of budgetary projects of introducing drip irrigation, anti-hailstorm networks and other agricultural new technologies so that projects envisaged by the budget get fully fulfilled,
- Implement inventory of reservoir and road construction projects and initiate new projects, at the same time by negotiating with donor organizations,
- Inventorize export mechanisms of meat and meat products and assist the development of these mechanisms,
- Get ready for the fruit and vegetable export season, be convinced in the practicality of the current mechanisms and create guarantees of market accessibility for new potential exporters,” the PM said.
Edited and translated by Stepan Kocharyan