Defense ministry spox slams Azerbaijan’s Hasanov for ludicrous statement
YEREVAN, JUNE 20, ARMENPRESS. Armenia’s defense ministry spokesman Artsrun Hovhannisyan has commented on Azerbaijani defense minister Zakir Hasanov’s statement, who claimed that “Azerbaijan has carried out a very successful operation in Nakhijevan and has taken 11,000 hectares of land under its control”.
“We congratulate Zakir Hasanov for “liberating” thousands of kilometers of their own land in their own territory. Stating only one reality – the activity of Azerbaijani farmers and shepherds, which was safe for over 25 years, is from now on threatened due to “liberator” Hasanov, I underscore, due to the Azerbaijani army’s liberator minister,” Hovhannisyan said on Facebook.
Edited and translated by Stepan Kocharyan
- Pan-national potential should be united for fully protecting our interests in Artsakh issue, says
- Border tension dropped significantly after Pashinyan-Aliyev agreement in Tajikistan, says
caretaker defense minister
- No POWs in Armenia or Artsakh, says caretaker defense minister Davit Tonoyan
- Anti-Armenian phrasing removed from PACE draft resolution
- Tension significantly decreases in Artsakh frontline – President’s adviser