Turkish support did not help Azerbaijan: Baku admits its weakness against Armenians
YEREVAN, AUGUST 14, ARMENPRESS. The recent events, particularly the actions provoked by Baku on the Armenian-Azerbaijani border and in the Line of Contact of Karabakh-Azerbaijani armed forces, in fact, proved that Azerbaijan alone is powerless against Armenia and Karabakh. In this case nothing remains for Azerbaijan rather than to use the worn out card of Turkey as his "sponsor" and "elder brother".
And Ankara, giving in the Azerbaijani plea to reach out help, again appeared in an uncomfortable situation. In essence, Turkey, not being able to alter in any way the developments, was trapped in the duality of speech and action.
The "interference" of official Ankara can be divided into three sectors. Firstly, the statements made in the political arena. During the days of border tensions the Turks spoke several times on the official level about the readiness to support Baku. Naturally, the Turkish side did not keep back from addressing unfair accusations to Armenia. The second sector was the illusion of providing "tangible" assistance, and the last one - the Turkish- Azerbaijani military cooperation against Armenia. In all three sectors Turkey failed.
- Azerbaijani army fires shots in Nakhchivan section
- NK conflict does not have military solution – EU’s Tusk
- Respective statements are adopted: Colonel-General Semerikov on CSTO reaction to NK conflict
- Azerbaijani forces made over 190 ceasefire violations in Artsakh line of contact within a week
- Armenian, Azerbaijani FMs comment on results of June 20 meeting in Washington D.C.