Iraqi FM paid tribute to Armenian Genocide victims
16:12, 3 December, 2013
YEREVAN, DECEMBER 3, ARMENPRESS: The Minister of Foreign Affairs of Iraq Hoshyar Zebari on December 3 visited the Tsitsernakaberd Memorial. Armenpress reports that the Iraqi FM laid a wreath on the Memorial and flowers at the Eternal Flame. With the invitation of the Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Armenia Edward Nalbandyan, on December 2-3 the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Iraq Hoshyar Zebari is in Armenia on an official visit.
The Iraqi FM will be hosted by the President of Armenia Serzh Sargsyan. Hoshyar Zebari will meet also with the Speaker of the National Assembly of Armenia Hovik Abrahamyan and the Deputy Prime Minister Armen Gevorgyan.
Iraq has not yet officially recognized the Armenian Genocide, which was recognized and condemned by about twenty countries of the world, more than 40 US States, different cities, international organizations, including the European Parliament and the World Council of Churches.
- President Sarkissian donates rare Armenian Genocide photographs from personal collection to
- Israel’s foreign ministry official pays tribute to memory of Armenian Genocide victims in Yerevan
- Motion recognizing Armenian Genocide put into debate in Australia
- Armenian Genocide recognition process is of great importance for Armenia – foreign ministry
- ‘US and Israel should recognize Armenian Genocide’ – Bloomberg