Developing any agreement without people of Nagorno Karabakh will be impossible, says Russia
YEREVAN, NOVEMBER 11, ARMENPRESS. According to Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov, it will be impossible to develop any kind of agreement regarding the NK conflict settlement talks without the people of Nagorno Karabakh.
“In a more earlier phase, when the military operations were halted, Nagorno Karabakh was a participant to the negotiations, however at a certain phase one of Armenia’s former presidents decided that Nagorno Karabakh’s interest must be represented by Yerevan”, Lavrov said in Yerevan when asked about Nagorno Karabakh not being represented in the negotiations around the settlement of the NK conflict.
“In any case, we, as co-chairs, can only add that the process proceeded upon a general consent. It will be impossible to develop any agreement without the people of Nagorno Karabakh, its population. Armenia would simply not sign,” Lavrov said.
Russian FM Sergey Lavrov is in Armenia on a two-day official visit.
Edited and translated by Stepan Kocharyan
- MP Marukyan applies to CoE Committee for Prevention of Torture over Armenian captives in
- Agreements on NK conflict settlement holding at current point – Pentagon
- ICRC to increase presence in Nagorno Karabakh
- Yerevan city council provides 100,000,000 drams to Stepanakert
- EU highlights resuming negotiations over status of Nagorno Karabakh