Armenian MP says Azerbaijan’s Aliyev makes unconstructive statements
YEREVAN, FEBRUARY 14, ARMENPRESS. Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev’s unconstructive statements over Artsakh do not contribute to the peace process, Ruben Rubinyan – chairman of the Armenian parliamentary standing committee on foreign affairs, said, commenting on Aliyev’s statement according to which Nagorno Karabakh is an integral part of Azerbaijan, reports Armenpress.
“I think that such statements do not contribute to the peace process at all and the launch of effective negotiation process. Our position is the same. We believe that if we really want a meaningful and effective negotiation process and dialogue over peace, a respective environment is needed. This environment is possible by ruling out aggressive rhetoric and actions. And we hope that Azerbaijan will stop using aggressive rhetoric, but, unfortunately, this example shows that this hope is not justified yet”, the lawmaker said.
Edited and translated by Aneta Harutyunyan
- Armenian, Azerbaijani FMs to meet “soon”
- Armenia soldier wounded by Azerbaijani cross-border gunfire
- Azerbaijan has released information bait on position movements, says Armenian military’s spox
- Soldier seized by Azerbaijan “got geographically lost”, says Armenian defense minister
- OSCE conducts monitoring at Artsakh-Azerbaijan border