‘President is fulfilling his well-known pledge’ – French foreign ministry on declaring National Day of Armenian Genocide Commemoration
PARIS, FEBRUARY 7, ARMENPRESS. The French foreign ministry has responded to the Turkish reaction on President Macron’s recent decision to declare April 24th the National Day for Armenian Genocide Commemoration.
The French foreign ministry was asked at a daily press briefing on February 6 “did Turkey respond to France after President Macron’s decision to establish a day to commemorate the Armenian genocide?”
“In establishing this day of commemoration, the President is fulfilling his well-known pledge to honor French citizens of Armenian descent.
We have had several opportunities to exchange views with the Turkish authorities on this issue. They have been informed of our positions just as we have been informed of theirs”, the French foreign ministry responded.
Edited and translated by Stepan Kocharyan
- Justice March to be held in Los Angeles on April 24
- U.S. Presidential hopeful supports Armenian Genocide recognizing resolution
- Acknowledging the historical reality or a pressure card on Turkey?: Armenian National
Committee’s reaction to reports on UAE’s recognition of Genocide
- Egypt making first step towards recognition of Armenian Genocide? ANCE weighs in on el-Sisi’s
- Cypriot defense minister honors Armenian Genocide victims at Yerevan memorial