Expert says NK conflict settlement without Artsakh’s participation is impossible
YEREVAN, JANUARY 25, ARMENPRESS. The negotiation process for the settlement of the Nagorno Karabakh conflict cannot have any progress without the participation of Artsakh, Ruben Safrastyan – Director of the Institute of Oriental Studies, said during a press conference, reports Armenpress.
“I have no major expectations that a new development will take place in 2019 in the negotiation process on the Artsakh conflict. I don’t think there are preconditions for that. The negotiation process can become real only when Artsakh becomes a main participant of the negotiation process. Therefore, I don’t think that we will see real developments in the Artsakh conflict”, the expert on Oriental studies said.
Edited and translated by AnetaHarutyunyan
- Giro Manoyan says Armenia and Artsakh need to sign cooperation agreement
- Armenian MP says Azerbaijan’s Aliyev makes unconstructive statements
- Artsakh’s full inclusion in negotiation process one of Armenia’s most important issues
- To what extent is Azerbaijani government authorized to speak on behalf of their own people? –
- Actions of Armenian and Azerbaijani leaders contribute to reduction of tension in region - Chief
of CSTO Joint Staff