Armenia highlights efforts for making UN Genocide Convention universal
YEREVAN, DECEMBER 10, ARMENPRESS. 70 years since the adoption of the United Nations Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide, there are still 45 countries that have to yet join it, Armenia’s caretaker foreign minister Zohrab Mnatsakanyan said in remarks at the III Against the Crime of Genocide Global Forum.
He added that each country ought to contribute efforts in making the convention a universal one.
Mnatsakanyan stressed that in 1948, by adopting the convention, the international community obliged to never allow this crime to happen.
Edited and translated by Stepan Kocharyan
- Italian MP promises to campaign for international recognition of Armenian Genocide
- Portugal’s statement on Armenian Genocide is an important step on path to international
recognition – Vahe Mkhitaryan
- Pashinyan slams Erdogan for “extreme hate speech”, “insult to Armenian people and humanity”
over April 24 remarks
- Garo Paylan urges Turkish parliament to hold parliamentary discussion on Armenian Genocide
- France is going to contribute to recognition of Armenian Genocide as a crime against humanity -
PM Édouard Philippe