Armenia highlights efforts for making UN Genocide Convention universal
YEREVAN, DECEMBER 10, ARMENPRESS. 70 years since the adoption of the United Nations Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide, there are still 45 countries that have to yet join it, Armenia’s caretaker foreign minister Zohrab Mnatsakanyan said in remarks at the III Against the Crime of Genocide Global Forum.
He added that each country ought to contribute efforts in making the convention a universal one.
Mnatsakanyan stressed that in 1948, by adopting the convention, the international community obliged to never allow this crime to happen.
Edited and translated by Stepan Kocharyan
- Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute and Canadian Museum for Human Rights to cooperate
- Genocide as a crime has not disappeared from agenda of international discussions – Armenia’s
- Exhibition dedicated to memory of Armenian Genocide victims opened in Swedish Parliament
- Canadian Armenian Genocide survivor Sirvard Kurdian dies aged 106
- President Sarkissian donates rare Armenian Genocide photographs from personal collection to