Armenia determined to not allow positional change in any part – foreign ministry
YEREVAN, MAY 22, ARMENPRESS. Armenia is determined to not allow any positional change in any section, foreign ministry spokesman Tigran Balayan said, mentioning that this message is at the basis of the joint visit by the defense and foreign ministers to the Armenian-Azerbaijani border in the Nakhijevan section.
“The clarifications of the defense ministry revealed why the ministers of defense and foreign affairs visited particularly this part of the Armenian-Azerbaijani border, and not Tavush or any other directions. My colleague at the defense ministry has already notified that the Azerbaijan side is implementing certain works which pose a direct danger for our positions.
Getting to know the situation on spot implies relevant work. We’ve warned both the Azerbaijani side and the mediators on numerous occasions that these works are escalating the situation and might cause undesirable losses,” Tigran Balayan said.
In response to a question, the FM spokesperson said that they’ve notified the international community on the Azerbaijani actions at this section of the Armenian border.
“We’ve also notified that this might lead to more tension. This is our constant work,” Balayan said.
ENGLISH: Editor/Translator - Stepan Kocharyan
- Parliament condemns 1990 Baku Pogroms, other discrimination-based violence all around the
- Expert on Azerbaijani studies calls Mammadyarov’s statement provocative and unconstructive
- Artsakh’s participation in negotiations possible through exerting real pressure on Azerbaijan -
- Pan-national potential should be united for fully protecting our interests in Artsakh issue, says
- Border tension dropped significantly after Pashinyan-Aliyev agreement in Tajikistan, says
caretaker defense minister