Azerbaijani troops resume shelling after months of relative tranquility
YEREVAN, MARCH 15, ARMENPRESS. The Azerbaijani armed forces fired 9 mortar bombs in the eastern direction of Artsakh-Azerbaijan contact line on March 13, press secretary of the Defense Ministry of Artsakh Senor Hasratyan told ARMENPRESS.
“60 mm mortar bombs were fired in the direction of Aghdam on March 13 in the period of 10:35-11:15. 9 bombs were fired”, Hasratyan said.
He added that the Defense Army has suffered no casualties.
Relative tranquility in Nagorno Karabakh conflict zone could be observed following Pashinyan-Aliyev meeting in Dushanbe in September 2018, during which the leaders agreed to reduce tensions. Since then Azerbaijan violated the ceasefire regime using only different caliber firearms.
Azerbaijan launched large-scale military exercises on March 11 ahead of the planned talks between Armenian PM Nikol Pashinyan and Azerbaijani president Ilham Aliyev.
Edited and translated by Tigran Sirekanyan