President of Uruguay Tabaré Vázquez participated in Armenian Genocide Centennial event
MONTEVIDEO, 25 APRIL, ARMENPRESS. The entire political elite of Uruguay participated in the major event commemorating the Centennial of the Armenian Genocide in Montevideo. As “Armenpress” reports, citing PrensaArmenia.com.ar, among the participants of the event were President Tabaré Vázquez, Vice-President Raúl Sendic and ex-President José Mujica. “The Armenian Genocide is the most horrible elimination of the human type and the most monstrous act,” Raul Sendik mentioned in his speech.
The high-ranking guests talked about the need for the international recognition of the Armenian Genocide and criticized Turkey’s denial. In 1965, Uruguay became the first country to recognize the Armenian Genocide.
- Francophonie Parliamentary Assembly delegates visit Armenian Genocide memorial in Yerevan
- Armenian MP expresses gratitude to Latvia for recognition of Genocide
- Caretaker FM on Biden’s recognition of Armenian Genocide
- ‘Our wish is to keep alive the memory of Armenian Genocide victims’ – Argentine Security
- French Senate president says OSCE Minsk Group needs new momentum