“I’ve heard about blood thirsty Turks” – Cher condemns Ankara’s operations in Syria
YEREVAN, OCTOBER 11, ARMENPRESS. American-Armenian famous pop-singer Cher (Cherilyn Sarkisian) commented on Turkey’s ongoing military operations in Syria’s north-east.
“Sorry to keep harping about Kurds, but I’ve heard about “blood thirsty Turks who tortured and murdered almost 2 million Armenians since I was 11. Also heard it in Armenia. Turk soldiers are still blood thirsty. Now they will commit genocide on the Kurds with Trump’s blessing”, Cher said on Twitter.
Sorry 2 Keep Harping About— Cher (@cher) October 10, 2019
Kurds,But I’ve Heard About ”Blood Thirsty TURKS Who Tortured & Murdered Almost 2Million Armenians SINCE I WAS 11.ALSO HEARD IT IN ARMENIA.TURK SOLDIERS ARE STILL BLOOD THIRSTY. NOW THEY WILL COMMIT GENOCIDE ON THE KURDS WITH trump’s BLESSING.
On October 9 Turkish forces launched an offensive in Syria’s north-east.
The Armenian foreign ministry released a statement noting that Armenia condemns the military invasion by Turkey in north-east Syria, which would lead to deterioration of regional security, losses among civilians, mass displacement and eventually to a new humanitarian crisis.
Edited and translated by Aneta Harutyunyan
- Senator Lindsey Graham blocks Armenian Genocide resolution after meeting with US, Turkish
- Professor Ara Darzi urges UK government to recognize Armenian Genocide
- Greek President Prokopis Pavlopoulos honors Armenian Genocide victims at Yerevan’s
- ANCA to have discussions with US Senators to bring S.Res. 150 for vote after House passage
- Israeli politicians call for recognition of Armenian Genocide after US House vote