Number of Armenians seeking asylum in EU countries drops greatly
YEREVAN, SEPTEMBER 18, ARMENPRESS. Number of Armenian citizens who sought asylum in the EU countries for the first time has declined by 27% in the first half of 2019 compared to 2018, and by 44% compared to 2017, Prime Minister of Armenia Nikol Pashinyan said on Facebook, citing the data of Eurostat.
According to the data of 2019, 1815 citizens sought asylum in EU states for the first time, whereas in 2018 this number was 2475 and in 2017 – 3250.
Edited and translated by Aneta Harutyunyan
- Armenian and Georgian PMs are confident bilateral relations are going to have better course
- PM Pashinyan receives Prime Minister of the Australian State of New South Wales
- Pashinyan is confident upcoming presidential election in Artsakh will be free and competitive
- Armenian PM meets with EEU cenbank governors
- Armenian PM, US Ambassador discuss cooperation in anti-corruption field