Knesset lawmakers call on Israel to recognize Armenian Genocide
YEREVAN, APRIL 24, ARMENPRESS. Yair Lapid, Member of Parliament (Knesset) of Israel, Yesh Atid party chairman, called on the Israeli leadership to recognize the Armenian Genocide.
“The time has come for Israel to officially recognize the genocide of the Armenian people and stop giving in to Turkish pressure. We have a moral and historic responsibility to remember the genocide and to stand behind ‘never again,’” he said on Twitter as quoted by The Jerusalem Post.
Yair Lapid informed that he plans to re-propose his bill to recognize the Armenian Genocide and expressed hope the coalition will support it.
Meretz party member, Knesset lawmaker Mossi Raz also tweeted, noting: “Today we mark the holocaust of the Armenian people. The time has come for Israel to officially recognize the Armenian genocide”.
Edited and translated by Aneta Harutyunyan
- Italian MP promises to campaign for international recognition of Armenian Genocide
- Portugal’s statement on Armenian Genocide is an important step on path to international
recognition – Vahe Mkhitaryan
- Pashinyan slams Erdogan for “extreme hate speech”, “insult to Armenian people and humanity”
over April 24 remarks
- Garo Paylan urges Turkish parliament to hold parliamentary discussion on Armenian Genocide
- France is going to contribute to recognition of Armenian Genocide as a crime against humanity -
PM Édouard Philippe