Thousands of people in LA expected to march commemorating Armenian Genocide
YEREVAN, APRIL 24, ARMENPRESS. Thousands of people will march through Hollywood and the Mid-City area on April 24 to mark the 104th anniversary of the Armenian Genocide, again calling on Turkey and the United States to officially recognize that it occurred, NBCLosAngeles reports.
Thousands of Armenians and their supporters will gather at 10 a.m. near Hollywood and Hobart boulevards for a march sponsored by Unified Young Armenians.
At 1 p.m., the Armenian National Committee of America Western Region and a variety of other groups will stage a march outside the Turkish Consulate at 6300 Wilshire Blvd. Organizers said the event is staged “to demand justice for the Armenian Genocide” by “bringing Armenian demands directly to Turkey’s official government representative in Los Angeles”.
- Portugal’s statement on Armenian Genocide is an important step on path to international
recognition – Vahe Mkhitaryan
- Pashinyan slams Erdogan for “extreme hate speech”, “insult to Armenian people and humanity”
over April 24 remarks
- Garo Paylan urges Turkish parliament to hold parliamentary discussion on Armenian Genocide
- France is going to contribute to recognition of Armenian Genocide as a crime against humanity -
PM Édouard Philippe
- President of Argentina addresses Armenian community on April 24