Artsakh’s return to negotiation table cannot lead it to deadlock – FM Mnatsakanyan
YEREVAN, MARCH 15, ARMENPRESS. The return of the Republic of Artsakh to the negotiation table for the settlement of the Nagorno Karabakh conflict cannot lead it to a deadlock, Armenian foreign minister Zohrab Mnatsakanyan told reporters, commenting on the statement of Azerbaijani president Ilham Aliyev that the change of negotiation format is unacceptable, reports Armenpress.
“We will not do anything that will lead to a deadlock because we remain committed to the peaceful settlement of the process. This is a very important issue, and we will move on this direction very decisively. This is a very principled issue to accept that Nagorno Karabakh has a decisive voice and engagement. This is not something new, but in line with this, in order to effectively work on promoting the negotiation process, we must accept practically that the expression of this decisive voice and engagement is needed. Today we are negotiating both with Nagorno Karabakh and with Azerbaijan within the frames of the OSCE Minsk Group. This is not a precondition, and we want to continue discussing and finding the solutions of the issues”, the FM said.
Edited and translated by Aneta Harutyunyan
- Azerbaijan fires over 2200 bullets in in Artsakh direction in one week
- Moscow believes agreements reached over NK conflict settlement will be implemented –
- Artsakh positively assesses discussion of humanitarian issues, although is skeptical over their
- Armenia, Azerbaijan interested in further stabilization of situation in NK zone – Joint Statement
- OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs join ongoing NK ministerial meeting in Moscow