Artsakh’s return to negotiation table cannot lead it to deadlock – FM Mnatsakanyan
YEREVAN, MARCH 15, ARMENPRESS. The return of the Republic of Artsakh to the negotiation table for the settlement of the Nagorno Karabakh conflict cannot lead it to a deadlock, Armenian foreign minister Zohrab Mnatsakanyan told reporters, commenting on the statement of Azerbaijani president Ilham Aliyev that the change of negotiation format is unacceptable, reports Armenpress.
“We will not do anything that will lead to a deadlock because we remain committed to the peaceful settlement of the process. This is a very important issue, and we will move on this direction very decisively. This is a very principled issue to accept that Nagorno Karabakh has a decisive voice and engagement. This is not something new, but in line with this, in order to effectively work on promoting the negotiation process, we must accept practically that the expression of this decisive voice and engagement is needed. Today we are negotiating both with Nagorno Karabakh and with Azerbaijan within the frames of the OSCE Minsk Group. This is not a precondition, and we want to continue discussing and finding the solutions of the issues”, the FM said.
Edited and translated by Aneta Harutyunyan
- ‘Ceasefire breaches don’t contribute to strengthening trust’ – Armenia on Azerbaijani mortar fire
at Artsakh LoC
- PM highlights difference between saboteur and accidental trespasser in exchanging prisoners
kept in Armenia, Azerbaijan
- Series of statements on involving Artsakh in negotiations is not a challenge, but an invitation to
dialogue – Pashinyan
- Armenian FM doesn’t release details on date and place of Pashinyan-Aliyev upcoming meeting
- OSCE Chairperson-in-Office highlights importance of preparing populations to peace