Armenian FM doesn’t release details on date and place of Pashinyan-Aliyev upcoming meeting
YEREVAN, MARCH 15, ARMENPRESS. The upcoming meeting of Armenian Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan and Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev will be announced by the two sides, Armenia’s foreign minister Zohrab Mnatsakanyan told reporters in the Parliament, reports Armenpress.
“We agree on this and then announce. But this moment hasn’t come yet in order to announce. Here the issue between the sides is to respect each other that we announce the meeting dates and place as agreed upon. Currently works are underway on this path”, he said.
Armenian PM Nikol Pashinyan and Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev had a brief meeting in Dushanbe on September 28, 2018, during which they reached an agreement to reduce tension and prevent incidents in the border. An “operative connection” has been established between the sides since the meeting of the two leaders.
Thereafter, they held another informal meeting in St. Petersburg in December on the sidelines of the informal meeting of the heads of CIS states.
Pashinal and Aliyev also met on January 22, 2019 in Davos on the sidelines of the World Economic Forum.
- Azerbaijan fires over 2200 bullets in in Artsakh direction in one week
- Moscow believes agreements reached over NK conflict settlement will be implemented –
- Artsakh positively assesses discussion of humanitarian issues, although is skeptical over their
- Armenia, Azerbaijan interested in further stabilization of situation in NK zone – Joint Statement
- OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs join ongoing NK ministerial meeting in Moscow