OSCE Chairperson-in-Office highlights importance of preparing populations to peace
YEREVAN, MARCH 13, ARMENPRESS. Preparing the populations to peace is important in the settlement of the Nagorno Karabakh conflict, OSCE Chairperson-in-Office, Minister of Foreign and European Affairs of the Slovak Republic, Miroslav Lajčák, said in Yerevan, reports Armenpress.
“I have warmly welcomed the fact that violence has greatly decreased in the border. I am confident this will contribute to the implementation of the comprehensive process aimed at the peaceful settlement. There are numerous challenges, but all grounds exist to give positive impetus to this process. I also would like to state how it is important to pay attention to the issue that it is necessary to prepare the populations to peace and engage trust strengthening processes. Our chairmanship in the OSCE is a human-centered, aims at preventing conflicts and organizing safe future”, he said.
Miroslav Lajčák said he arrived in Yerevan to reaffirm the OSCE’s continuous support to finding solutions for the peaceful settlement of the Nagorno Karabakh conflict. At the same time he also expressed his full support to the works of the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs.
Edited and translated by Aneta Harutyunyan
- Azerbaijan fires over 2200 bullets in in Artsakh direction in one week
- Moscow believes agreements reached over NK conflict settlement will be implemented –
- Artsakh positively assesses discussion of humanitarian issues, although is skeptical over their
- Armenia, Azerbaijan interested in further stabilization of situation in NK zone – Joint Statement
- OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs join ongoing NK ministerial meeting in Moscow