U.S. Presidential hopeful supports Armenian Genocide recognizing resolution
YEREVAN, FEBRUARY 22, ARMENPRESS. Presidential hopeful Democratic U.S. Representative for Hawaii's 2nd congressional district Tulsi Gabbard supports the idea of legally recognizing the Armenian Genocide.
ARMENPRESS reports Tulsi Gabbard said during her campaign in a conversation with students studying the Armenian Genocide.
“We support a resolution that calls on the U.S. authorities to recognize the Armenian Genocide. The recognition has not occurred so far due to the Turkish pressures on Washington”, she said.
Edited and translated by Tigran Sirekanyan
- Professor Ara Darzi urges UK government to recognize Armenian Genocide
- Greek President Prokopis Pavlopoulos honors Armenian Genocide victims at Yerevan’s
- ANCA to have discussions with US Senators to bring S.Res. 150 for vote after House passage
- Israeli politicians call for recognition of Armenian Genocide after US House vote
- Turkey summons US ambassador over House resolution on Armenian Genocide