U.S. Presidential hopeful supports Armenian Genocide recognizing resolution
YEREVAN, FEBRUARY 22, ARMENPRESS. Presidential hopeful Democratic U.S. Representative for Hawaii's 2nd congressional district Tulsi Gabbard supports the idea of legally recognizing the Armenian Genocide.
ARMENPRESS reports Tulsi Gabbard said during her campaign in a conversation with students studying the Armenian Genocide.
“We support a resolution that calls on the U.S. authorities to recognize the Armenian Genocide. The recognition has not occurred so far due to the Turkish pressures on Washington”, she said.
Edited and translated by Tigran Sirekanyan
- Justice March to be held in Los Angeles on April 24
- Acknowledging the historical reality or a pressure card on Turkey?: Armenian National
Committee’s reaction to reports on UAE’s recognition of Genocide
- Egypt making first step towards recognition of Armenian Genocide? ANCE weighs in on el-Sisi’s
- Cypriot defense minister honors Armenian Genocide victims at Yerevan memorial
- Armenia views recognition and condemnation of Genocide in context of ensuring global security,