Expert says NK conflict settlement without Artsakh’s participation is impossible
YEREVAN, JANUARY 25, ARMENPRESS. The negotiation process for the settlement of the Nagorno Karabakh conflict cannot have any progress without the participation of Artsakh, Ruben Safrastyan – Director of the Institute of Oriental Studies, said during a press conference, reports Armenpress.
“I have no major expectations that a new development will take place in 2019 in the negotiation process on the Artsakh conflict. I don’t think there are preconditions for that. The negotiation process can become real only when Artsakh becomes a main participant of the negotiation process. Therefore, I don’t think that we will see real developments in the Artsakh conflict”, the expert on Oriental studies said.
Edited and translated by AnetaHarutyunyan
- Armenian PM’s spouse Anna Hakobyan invites Mehriban Aliyeva to Artsakh
- Italy interested in effective negotiations over NK conflict - Giuseppe Conte
- Memorandum of Artsakh Foreign Ministry disseminated in UN
- Defense Minister, OSCE’s Andrzej Kasprzyk discuss situation at state border and LoC
- Developing any agreement without people of Nagorno Karabakh will be impossible, says Russia