Parliament condemns 1990 Baku Pogroms, other discrimination-based violence all around the world
YEREVAN, JANUARY 15, ARMENPRESS. The 7th National Assembly of Armenia has condemned the Baku pogroms of 1990, when Armenian residents of the Azerbaijani capital were targeted and murdered 29 years ago in January.
“During these days in 1990 the pogroms against the Armenians were happening in Baku. I think that our parliament, all lawmakers will together condemn this violence, and will also together reject all discrimination-based violence in all corners of the world . We, as a people that have faced this tragedy several times during our history, cannot tolerate no such violence against any national minority,” Speaker of Parliament Ararat Mirzoyan said during the session of parliament today.
Edited and translated by Stepan Kocharyan
- ‘Ceasefire breaches don’t contribute to strengthening trust’ – Armenia on Azerbaijani mortar fire
at Artsakh LoC
- PM highlights difference between saboteur and accidental trespasser in exchanging prisoners
kept in Armenia, Azerbaijan
- Series of statements on involving Artsakh in negotiations is not a challenge, but an invitation to
dialogue – Pashinyan
- Artsakh’s return to negotiation table cannot lead it to deadlock – FM Mnatsakanyan
- Armenian FM doesn’t release details on date and place of Pashinyan-Aliyev upcoming meeting