Shant 2018 – conditional terrorists invade into Armenia from Turkish border
YEREVAN, SEPTEMBER 11, ARMENPRESS. In the sidelines of “Shant-2018” drills conditional terrorists have invaded into Armenia together with refugees from the Turkish border, ARMENPRESS reports Deputy Defense Minister Gabriel Balayan told the reporters during a press conference at the Defense Ministry on September 11.
“There is some advance from the Turkish border. A group of refugees has invaded in, among whom there are also terrorists trying to destabilize the situation”, the Deputy Minister said.
According to Balayan, Armenia cooperates with the Russian frontier troops on duty on the border with Turkey to neutralize the threat.
Translated and edited by Tigran Sirekanyan
- SHANT 2018: Results of exercises summed up
- SHANT 2018: Culture ministry drills evacuation of museum valuables under wartime scenario
- SHANT 2018: Emergency personnel drill air raid scenario
- SHANT 2018: Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan visits information, combat command centers
- SHANT 2018: Defense ministry briefs foreign military attaches