Dozens killed, injured in Taiwan hospital fire
YEREVAN, AUGUST 13, ARMENPRESS. Ten people have been killed in a fire at a hospital in Taiwan, the local media reported.
BBC reports 16 others, including patients and staff, are in critical condition.
The cause of the fire is still unknown, though media reports say it could have been started by an electrical fault in a moveable bed.
33 patients and 3 staff members have been evacuated.
The police found during the investigation that the ward was not equipped with "required smoke exhaust equipment".
Edited and translated by Aneta Harutyunyan
- 11:44 Osipyan approves former first deputy police chief Hunan Poghosyan's appointment as Syunik governor
- 11:24 ADB to provide 50 million USD budget support to Armenia
- 11:22 Cabinet approves ratification of Armenia-Japan investment liberalization deal
- 11:19 Acting PM Pashinyan hopes government will work more intensively and effectively during pre- election period
- 10:11 Haitian president survives 'assassination attempt'
- 10:05 Two newborns found ALIVE abandoned in plastic bag in Gyumri
- 09:41 No Armenians among Kerch attack victims – foreign ministry
- 08:57 European Stocks - 17-10-18
- 08:56 US stocks down - 17-10-18
- 08:55 LME. Prices for non-ferrous and minor metals - 17-10-18
- 08:54 NYMEX: Precious Metals Prices Down - 17-10-18
- 08:52 Oil Prices Down - 17-10-18
- 01:00 Renowned Istanbul-Armenian photographer Ara Guler dies at 90
- 10.17-20:49 Armen Sarkissian, Nikol Pashinyan meet at Presidential Residence
- 10.17-19:47 Our revolution has no way to be a failure – Pashinyan gives speech in Armavir
- 10.17-19:39 Yerevan Mayor Hayk Marutyan meets with Paris Mayor Anne Hidalgo
- 10.17-18:33 Nikol Pashinyan receives EEAS Managing Director for Europe and Central Asia Thomas Mayr- Harting
- 10.17-18:12 Last year visitors to Armenia spent over 1.1 billion USD
- 10.17-17:42 President Sarkissian hosts Columbia University Professor John Bilezikian
- 10.17-17:31 Central Bank of Armenia: exchange rates and prices of precious metals - 17-10-18
- 10.17-17:29 Asian Stocks - 17-10-18
- 10.17-17:26 President receives Russian ambassador
- 10.17-16:51 Acting first deputy PM says executive is ready for different developments
- 10.17-16:30 Armenia’s TUMO goes global: opens Paris branch, Beirut up ahead
- 10.17-16:24 Parliament to convene special session October 22
- 10.17-15:13 Terrorism not ruled out in Crimea explosion - Kremlin
- 10.17-15:10 Vice Speaker of Armenian Parliament holds meeting with Ambassador of Netherlands
- 10.17-14:23 Armenia improves positions in Global Competitiveness Index
- 10.17-14:19 Acting PM views donated Chinese ambulance vehicles
- 10.17-13:50 Pashinyan to rally for ally mayoral candidate in Armenian town
- 10.17-13:45 Prosperous Armenia party committed to political agreement reached with acting PM Pashinyan – MP
- 10.17-13:33 Ex-PM’s jailed brother released on bail
- 10.17-12:52 Acting minister Arayik Harutyunyan meets EU Commissioner Carlos Moedas in Paris
- 10.17-12:41 HHK hardliner-turned Pashinyan supporter eyes job in Europe
- 10.17-12:19 China donates 200 ambulance vehicles to Armenia
Viewed 3038 times Everything will be OK, I love you all – PM Pashinyan’s moving resignation address
Viewed 2106 times April 24 will be remembered in France as the Day of Remembrance of the Armenian Genocide - Emmanuel Macron
Viewed 1933 times Armenian, French Presidents attend presentation of architectural project of “Aznavour” center
Viewed 1888 times PHOTO: Dozens of presidential aircraft parked at Zvartnots airport as Yerevan transformed into Francophonie global capital October 11-12
Viewed 1775 times Welcome to Yerevan! WATCH: Global leaders hit the dancefloor, party to Armenian music