British expert doesn’t expect change of Azerbaijan's stance over NK conflict issue
YEREVAN, MARCH 15, ARMENPRESS. International Relations Professor Neil MacFarlane from the University of Oxford believes that it is difficult to expect a change of Azerbaijan’s stance in the Nagorno Karabakh conflict settlement issue in conditions of the current Baku regime.
Speaking at the Prospects of Peace in Nagorno Karabakh: Local and International Perspectives international conference, Neil MacFarlane said that the existence of the Azerbaijani authorities greatly depends on nationalist circles, therefore making concessions in the NK conflict settlement issue can have grave consequences for the regime.
“It is difficult to expect that under the conditions of the current system in the country there will be changes in the Nagorno Karabakh conflict settlement issue, because it is understandable what consequences it can have for Azerbaijani authorities”, MacFarlane said in response to a question from the audience.
English –translator/editor: Stepan Kocharyan
- Border tension dropped significantly after Pashinyan-Aliyev agreement in Tajikistan, says
caretaker defense minister
- No POWs in Armenia or Artsakh, says caretaker defense minister Davit Tonoyan
- Anti-Armenian phrasing removed from PACE draft resolution
- Tension significantly decreases in Artsakh frontline – President’s adviser
- Holding parades and completing combat missions ain’t the same, says Armenian army chief on
Baku military display