Aronian to face Karjakin in 4th round of World Chess Candidates Tournament
YEREVAN, MARCH 14, ARMENPRESS. The World Chess Candidates Tournament is set to resume after a 1-day break in Berlin, Germany.
Armenia’s Levon Aronian will face Russia’s Sergey Karjakin in the 4th round.
Vladmir Kramnik is currently leading the tournament with 2,5 points.
The Candidates Tournament 2018 is an eight-player double round chess tournament, held in Berlin, Germany, from 10–28 March 2018. The winner earns the right to challenge the defending world champion, Magnus Carlsen of Norway, in the World Chess Championship 2018 in London.
English –translator/editor: Stepan Kocharyan
- ‘Aronian has great potential’ – 4-time World Seniors Chess Champion Anatoly Vaisser
- I have one goal in my life – to serve my nation playing chess, says Levon Aronian
- Aronian vs. So to mark last match of Armenian chess GM at final round of Candidates
- Aronian again defeated – Candidates’ Tournament
- Aronian, Caruana to clash in round 13 at Candidates Tournament