Int’l community’s silence on Azeri president’s statements leads to new threats from Baku – says Armenia
YEREVAN, FEBRUARY 20, ARMENPRESS. The absence of an adequate reaction from the international community on Azeri President Ilham Aliyev’s statements uttering territorial claims for Armenia has encouraged Azeri defense minister Zakir Hasanov to reiterate the threat of use of force, Armenian foreign ministry spokesman Tigran Balayan said.
“Absence of adequate reaction of international community after Azerbaijan’s President Ilham Aliyev voiced territorial claims towards Armenia encouraged defense minister Hasanov to reiterate the threat of use of force”, Balayan said on Twitter.
At a February 19 meeting with EU Special Representative for the South Caucasus and the crisis in Georgia Toivo Klaar, the Azeri defense minister didn’t rule out a re-start of war at any moment.
- Pan-national potential should be united for fully protecting our interests in Artsakh issue, says
- Border tension dropped significantly after Pashinyan-Aliyev agreement in Tajikistan, says
caretaker defense minister
- No POWs in Armenia or Artsakh, says caretaker defense minister Davit Tonoyan
- Anti-Armenian phrasing removed from PACE draft resolution
- Tension significantly decreases in Artsakh frontline – President’s adviser