Int’l community’s silence on Azeri president’s statements leads to new threats from Baku – says Armenia
YEREVAN, FEBRUARY 20, ARMENPRESS. The absence of an adequate reaction from the international community on Azeri President Ilham Aliyev’s statements uttering territorial claims for Armenia has encouraged Azeri defense minister Zakir Hasanov to reiterate the threat of use of force, Armenian foreign ministry spokesman Tigran Balayan said.
“Absence of adequate reaction of international community after Azerbaijan’s President Ilham Aliyev voiced territorial claims towards Armenia encouraged defense minister Hasanov to reiterate the threat of use of force”, Balayan said on Twitter.
At a February 19 meeting with EU Special Representative for the South Caucasus and the crisis in Georgia Toivo Klaar, the Azeri defense minister didn’t rule out a re-start of war at any moment.
- EU official concerned over mobilization of Azerbaijani troops along Armenia-Azerbaijan border
and Artsakh-Azerbaijan contact line
- There are some tensions in Nakhichevan section, situation under control – Deputy Minister
- Armenia-Azerbaijan foreign ministerial meeting still vague
- Foreign ministry urges to rely on official Armenia military info as Azeri media start
- OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs complete introductory visit to Armenia, discuss organization of