US National Intelligence sees risk of hostilities in 2018 in Nagorno Karabakh
YEREVAN, FEBRUARY 14, ARMENPRESS. The Office of the Director of National Intelligence of the United States released February 13 the global Annual Threat Assessment report.
The report also addressed the Nagorno Karabakh conflict, where the US sees risks of hostilities in 2018.
In particular, the report mentions that tensions over Nagorno Karabakh can devolve into a large-scale military conflict, which can draw in Russia to support its regional ally.
According to the US National Intelligence, both sides’ reluctance to compromise, Azerbaijan’s steady military modernization, Armenia’s acquisition of new Russian equipment sustain the risk of large-scale hostilities in 2018.
- OSCE assesses committment of Armenian and Azerbaijani leaders to prepare their peoples for
peace a positive signal
- Armenian FM meets with OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- OSCE Chairperson-in-Office to visit Armenia
- Gurgen Margaryan’s murder in Budapest was Aliyev’s first message to the world: 15 years
passed since Armenian officer’s death
- Greater Washington DC community members join Armenian Youth Federation protesting outside