US National Intelligence sees risk of hostilities in 2018 in Nagorno Karabakh
YEREVAN, FEBRUARY 14, ARMENPRESS. The Office of the Director of National Intelligence of the United States released February 13 the global Annual Threat Assessment report.
The report also addressed the Nagorno Karabakh conflict, where the US sees risks of hostilities in 2018.
In particular, the report mentions that tensions over Nagorno Karabakh can devolve into a large-scale military conflict, which can draw in Russia to support its regional ally.
According to the US National Intelligence, both sides’ reluctance to compromise, Azerbaijan’s steady military modernization, Armenia’s acquisition of new Russian equipment sustain the risk of large-scale hostilities in 2018.
- Armenian and Russian foreign ministers discuss NK conflict settlement at Munich Security
- Artsakh reports 220 ceasefire breaches by Azerbaijan in one week
- Giro Manoyan says Armenia and Artsakh need to sign cooperation agreement
- Armenian MP says Azerbaijan’s Aliyev makes unconstructive statements
- Artsakh’s full inclusion in negotiation process one of Armenia’s most important issues