Azerbaijani FM announces readiness to meet with Armenian counterpart in mid-January
YEREVAN, DECEMBER 20, ARMENPRESS. Azerbaijani foreign minister Elmar Mammadyarov announced that there is an agreement on a meeting with Armenian foreign minister Edward Nalbandian in mid-January 2018, APA reports.
“The meeting date will be announced by the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs. There is an agreement to hold a meeting in mid-January of the next year”, the Azerbaijani FM said during a joint press conference with Iranian and Turkish counterparts.
He informed that the meeting will take place in one of the European countries. “We have exchanged views in Vienna. The Co-Chairs will assess the discussions and make a decision. I even said that I am ready to hold talks for two days. The important is to have a result”, he said.
The last meeting of the Armenian and Azerbaijani FMs was held in Vienna on December 6.
- Anti-Armenian phrasing removed from PACE draft resolution
- Tension significantly decreases in Artsakh frontline – President’s adviser
- Holding parades and completing combat missions ain’t the same, says Armenian army chief on
Baku military display
- OSCE Secretary General, Russian deputy FM discuss Nagorno Karabakh conflict
- ‘Need more responsible and sensible negotiating party’ - Armenian FM comments on Aliyev’s