Shooting at Las Vegas concert kills at least two, suspect “down”
YEREVAN, OCTOBER 2, ARMENPRESS. At least two people were killed and 24 were hospitalized after a shooting at a country music festival on the Las Vegas Strip in the USA, a local hospital spokeswoman said, and police said one suspect was down, Reuters reports.
Witnesses on social media said the shooting broke out on the last night of the three-day Route 91 Harvest festival, a sold-out event attended by thousands and featuring top acts such as Eric Church, Sam Hunt and Jason Aldean.
U.S. media, including Fox News, reported that Aldean was performing on Sunday night when the rampage began but that he had been bundled safely off stage at the event outside the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino.
“Confirming that one suspect is down. This is an active investigation. Again, please do not head down to the Strip at this time,” Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department said on Twitter.
It was not immediately clear whether the suspect was killed or injured. Police said on Twitter that at this time they did not believe there are any more shooters.