Jailed Azerbaijani opposition media executive released
YEREVAN, SEPTEMBER 11, ARMENPRESS. Mehman Aliyev, the jailed director of the Turan opposition news agency of Azerbaijan, has been released, APA reports.
The media executive was released after a September 11 Court hearing on the case.
Mehman Aliyev told reporters he had appealed to President Ilham Aliyev for his release.
The Turan director was arrested on August 28 for tax evasion.
The news agency however, denied any wrongdoing, and said that authorities were framing them to obstruct their activities.
Mehman Aliyev was facing up to 7 years in prison.
- 20:21 Armenia will never put under question the importance of Armenian Genocide international recognition
- 20:00 EAFJD assesses Azerbaijani application to Interpol to arrest Gaspar Karapetyan as absurd
- 19:00 Lebanese President visits Mother See of Holy Echmiadzin
- 18:37 President of Lebanon pays tribute to memory of Armenian Genocide victims at Tsitsernkaberd
- 18:15 Armen Sarkissian presents his vision on Armenia’s development to Austrian-Armenian community
- 17:58 Nalbandian, Mogherini sign document on implementation of priorities of Armenia-EU partnership
- 17:28 Central Bank of Armenia: exchange rates and prices of precious metals - 21-02-18
- 17:27 Asian Stocks - 21-02-18
- 17:09 Obituary: Renowned composer Eduard Sadoyan dies at 79
- 16:33 Armenia, Israel agree to expand cooperation at int’l conference of parliamentary directors- general and secretaries-general
- 16:20 President of Artsakh holds meeting with Vice President of American University of Armenia
- 16:14 Armenian defense ministry’s delegation to depart for Belarus
- 16:13 President of Lebanon arrives in Armenia on official visit
- 15:50 Local self government elections to take place March 11
- 15:25 Minister Karayan briefs President Sargsyan on works done over implementation of given instructions
- 14:57 Political analyst highlights consensus around presidential nominee Armen Sarkissian
- 14:51 Armenia’s Parliament Speaker receives new Ambassador of Brazil
- 14:43 Banants FC completes training camp in Antalya
- 14:17 Yandex ranked most valuable Russian internet company – Forbes
- 13:56 Kurds demand UNSC to pressure Turkey for Afrin actions
- 13:51 Average monthly salary increases in Armenia’s public and private sectors by 7.1% and 11.3% respectively
- 13:34 Sunny weather forecast for upcoming days
- 12:51 President Sahakyan attends 2017 briefing of Artsakh police force
- 12:50 Eurasian Development Bank forecasts 3% economic growth for Armenia in 2018
- 12:48 US doing utmost for peaceful settlement of NK conflict, says Ambassador to Azerbaijan
- 12:31 Two new bills on Armenian Genocide to be discussed in Parliament of Netherlands on February 22
- 12:29 Ruling party nominates former Prosecutor General to serve as chairman of parliamentary committee
- 11:50 Mortality rate in respiratory, cancer related diseases drops in Armenia
- 11:36 Government to allocate 360 mln drams for subsidizing diesel fuel
- 11:34 Queen Elizabeth II rents land in downtown Kiev
- 11:24 Saratov Airlines to launch Volgograd-Yerevan flight
- 11:23 Chief of staff of ministry of energy infrastructures and natural resources to be relieved from post
- 11:18 Aghasi Darbinyan appointed Chairman of Administrative Court
- 11:11 Goran Bregović to perform live in Yerevan
- 11:03 Foreign minister of Madagascar to arrive in Armenia on official visit
Viewed 2500 times Turkey MP Garo Paylan denounces state interference in Armenian Patriarchate affairs - EXCLUSIVE
Viewed 1876 times Arsene Wenger praises Mkhitaryan’s performance in Arsenal vs Ostersunds
Viewed 1782 times Sooner or later Israel will recognize Armenian Genocide – Chairman of Armenian National Committee of Jerusalem
Viewed 1718 times Arsenal’s Mkhitaryan named best player in Ostersunds clash
Viewed 1501 times Armenia, Japan sign agreement on investment liberalization and protection