Armenian Prime Minister eyes additional boosting of inbound tourism
YEREVAN, JULY 27, ARMENPRESS. A great increase of tourists has been recorded in Armenia in the recent months, and despite the positive results, additional tourism boosting actions are needed, Prime Minister Karen Karapetyan said during today’s Cabinet meeting.
The PM tasked the foreign minister and the chairman of the state tourism committee to study the opportunity for additional visa facilitation for tourists according to countries of origin and make proposals in a 1-month period.
In addition, the head of the general department of civil aviation was tasked to submit proposals on improving the air ticket prices, expanding the geography and volume of Armenia’s air transportation market – according to tourism development tendencies.
- Armenia develops tourism offering unique experiences as birthplace of wine
- Sun, clean food, adventures and first Christian nation: Armenia’s tourism image at targeted
- Designing tourism development concept, legislative regulations – gov. committee presents
- Ara Khzmalyan says Russia is a big tourism market for Armenia
- Armenia’s Tavush province preparing for Shamshadin Honey and Berry festival