Political scientist: Azerbaijan violated all agreements
YEREVAN, MAY 18, ARMENPRESS. Political scientist Alexander Manasyan says the Vienna meeting of the Presidents of Armenia and Azerbaijan should not be viewed as negotiations. They can be considered as consultations, exchange of views, but not negotiations.
“Regardless of the future developments, we deal with an adversary to which we cannot trust on. There has not been any agreement, document over Karabakh issue that Azerbaijan followed. There has not been such a case, it violated all of them”, he said. Political scientist does not exclude the fact that Baku will use this meeting for gaining time to solve several issues.
Referring to the agreement reached during the Presidents' meeting in Vienna over the installation of investigative mechanisms in the line of contact, the political scientist said we should not rely on it. This means that, in fact, they will practically give nothing.
“Of course, the talks over these mechanisms are positive and are against Azerbaijan. But imagine, that some devices are set and Azerbaijan wants to start a war, will it consider the existence of these devices? Of course, no, we need more in-depth research, we need other messages, we need another internal life, we all should live as an army, like a soldier”, Manasyan stated.
Taking into account this fact, Manasyan says the issue should be more seriously discussed in the context of internal developments, as well as in the external political platforms.
“I have issued a resolution. If our oligarch builds castle or a church, he must think about the solder who protects that castle. Otherwise, for whom the castle is built?” Manasyan stated and emphasized that we should seriously think about our internal economical issues.
- Parliament condemns 1990 Baku Pogroms, other discrimination-based violence all around the
- Expert on Azerbaijani studies calls Mammadyarov’s statement provocative and unconstructive
- Artsakh’s participation in negotiations possible through exerting real pressure on Azerbaijan -
- Pan-national potential should be united for fully protecting our interests in Artsakh issue, says
- Border tension dropped significantly after Pashinyan-Aliyev agreement in Tajikistan, says
caretaker defense minister