President of Uruguay Tabaré Vázquez participated in Armenian Genocide Centennial event
MONTEVIDEO, 25 APRIL, ARMENPRESS. The entire political elite of Uruguay participated in the major event commemorating the Centennial of the Armenian Genocide in Montevideo. As “Armenpress” reports, citing PrensaArmenia.com.ar, among the participants of the event were President Tabaré Vázquez, Vice-President Raúl Sendic and ex-President José Mujica. “The Armenian Genocide is the most horrible elimination of the human type and the most monstrous act,” Raul Sendik mentioned in his speech.
The high-ranking guests talked about the need for the international recognition of the Armenian Genocide and criticized Turkey’s denial. In 1965, Uruguay became the first country to recognize the Armenian Genocide.
- Canadian Armenian Genocide survivor Sirvard Kurdian dies aged 106
- President Sarkissian donates rare Armenian Genocide photographs from personal collection to
- Israel’s foreign ministry official pays tribute to memory of Armenian Genocide victims in Yerevan
- Motion recognizing Armenian Genocide put into debate in Australia
- Armenian Genocide recognition process is of great importance for Armenia – foreign ministry