“Millions of Lives”: Armenian and foreign celebrities condemn Armenian Genocide through music video
YEREVAN, 18 APRIL, ARMENPRESS. Armenian and foreign celebrities have come together to condemn the Armenian Genocide. They have starred in a music video called “Millions of Lives” and are sending their message to the world through music. The song and music video were created by cultural figures Karen Margaryan, Tigran Petrosyan and Grisha Aghakhanyan under the patronage of First Lady of the Republic of Armenia Rita Sargsyan. The premiere of the video was held at Moscow Cinema with the participation of First Lady of the Republic of Armenia Rita Sargsyan, Minister of Culture Hasmik Poghosyan and Minister of Diaspora Hranush Hakobyan on April 18.
The project’s manager Grisha Aghakhanyan mentioned that they had come up with the idea of the song and music video a year ago.
The video stars world famous cultural figures, including Charles Aznavour, Armen Jigarkhanyan, Jivan Gasparyan, Montserrat Caballé, Sebu Simonian, Alain Terzian, Garik Martirosyan, CoCo York, Patrick Fiori, Ishtar Alabina, Erna Yuzbashyan, Mariam Mirabova, Andrey Davidyan, Tigran Petrosyan, Mikhail Galustyan, Aram MP3 and others. The song is composed and produced by Karen Margaryan, and the lyrics are by American poet Rida May.
After the premiere, Rita Sargsyan told journalists that she liked the music video and said the song would certainly be a success.
The song “Millions of Lives” is unique conversation between a grandfather and granddaughter during which the grandfather recalls the sufferings that his family underwent.
- Canadian Armenian Genocide survivor Sirvard Kurdian dies aged 106
- President Sarkissian donates rare Armenian Genocide photographs from personal collection to
- Israel’s foreign ministry official pays tribute to memory of Armenian Genocide victims in Yerevan
- Motion recognizing Armenian Genocide put into debate in Australia
- Armenian Genocide recognition process is of great importance for Armenia – foreign ministry