Evgeny Kissin promises to contribute to international recognition of the Armenian Genocide
YEREVAN, 3 APRIL, ARMENPRESS. World famous Russian pianist Evgeny Kissin will be calling on artists and cultural figures of the world to urge the international community to recognize and condemn the Armenian Genocide. When asked if he was ready to help make artists and cultural figures of the world urge the international community to the recognize and condemn the Armenian Genocide during a press conference in Byurakan, Kissin said he was ready, but hadn’t talked about the matter with any of his colleagues yet. “Of course, I’m ready, but I haven’t talked to any of my colleagues about that yet. That’s why I can’t comment on that,” he mentioned, as “Armenpress” reports.
When asked if he was preparing to call on well-known writers, painters and musicians to urge the international community to recognize and condemn the Armenian Genocide, Kissin said: “I’ll try to find out how I can do that, and I will do it. It’s a good proposal, thank you,” Kissin said. In response to a question on his visit to Yerevan on April 24th, Kissin said he couldn’t visit Yerevan on that day because he was going to be on a concert tour, but would be performing at a concert dedicated to the Armenian Genocide Centennial at Carnegie Hall in New York on May 26th.
- US presidential candidate Bernie Sanders vows to acknowledge Armenian Genocide
- Famous American lawyer, friend of Armenian people Robert Morgenthau dies aged 99
- Italian MP promises to campaign for international recognition of Armenian Genocide
- Portugal’s statement on Armenian Genocide is an important step on path to international
recognition – Vahe Mkhitaryan
- Pashinyan slams Erdogan for “extreme hate speech”, “insult to Armenian people and humanity”
over April 24 remarks