Turkish troops succeeded in Gallipoli, but were crushed in Sardarapat
YEREVAN, FEBRUARY 25, ARMENPRESS. The Turkish divisions, which succeeded at the Battle of Gallipoli, were crushed in future by the Armenians in Sardarapad. As reports “Armenpress”, the Director of the National Archives of the Republic of Armenia Amatuni Virabyan stated this at the course of the press conference held on February 25.
Among other things, the Director of the National Archives of the Republic of Armenia Amatuni Virabyan underscored: “The same Turkish divisions, which were fighting at the Battle of Gallipoli in 1915, were fighting in Sardarapat. The same divisions of Gallipoli retreated and fled in Sardarapat.”
- Canadian Armenian Genocide survivor Sirvard Kurdian dies aged 106
- President Sarkissian donates rare Armenian Genocide photographs from personal collection to
- Israel’s foreign ministry official pays tribute to memory of Armenian Genocide victims in Yerevan
- Motion recognizing Armenian Genocide put into debate in Australia
- Armenian Genocide recognition process is of great importance for Armenia – foreign ministry