Ara Papyan says seizure of Armenians’ lands was main purpose of Armenian Genocide
YEREVAN, 23 JANUARY, ARMENPRESS. Seizure of the homeland of the Armenians was the main purpose of the Armenian Genocide, and on that occasion, Armenia must raise that issue, as well as the issue related to the territory of the Republic of Armenia, the territory which, by legal documents, has been recognized as legally a part of Armenia and is still seized by Turkey. This is what Head of Modus Vivendi analytical center Ara Papyan said during a January 23 press conference, as “Armenpress” reports. “Armenian-Turkish relations don’t exist. Turkey is hostile. If Turkey had a chance to eliminate the Armenian State without any negative consequences for Turkey tomorrow, it would do it. If Armenia raises the issue that Turkey is occupying Armenia, the world would change its attitude towards Turkey,” Ara Papyan said, adding that the 100th anniversary of the Armenian Genocide should have become an opportunity for Armenians to state their claims and reestablish their rights.
According to the political scientist, Armenians need to explain to the international community that their goal is not recognition of the Armenian Genocide, but acceptance of the consequences of the Genocide that continue to have an impact on Armenia since our lands and resources were taken away and people were killed.
- President Sarkissian donates rare Armenian Genocide photographs from personal collection to
- Israel’s foreign ministry official pays tribute to memory of Armenian Genocide victims in Yerevan
- Motion recognizing Armenian Genocide put into debate in Australia
- Armenian Genocide recognition process is of great importance for Armenia – foreign ministry
- ‘US and Israel should recognize Armenian Genocide’ – Bloomberg