Yerevan and Stepanakert preparing to give adequate response to Azerbaijan
YEREVAN, 1 DECEMBER, ARMENPRESS. The examples of the previous years go to show that Azerbaijan will be purchasing arms by using a large part of its military budget, which is increasing by more than $1 billion dollars and will be breaching the Treaty on Conventional Arms in Europe. The international community hasn’t really made any effort in this regard and has allowed for an increase in the number of arms and ammunition in the conflict zone. Neither Yerevan nor Stepanakert has hope in the international organizations’ calls and Azerbaijan’s fulfillment of those calls and officially declare that the armed forces of the two Armenian republics are the ones that can prevent Azerbaijan’s arms race.
The objectives of the armed forces are to follow the rules of the Treaty on Conventional Arms in Europe and further reinforce the armed forces and, alongside armament, attach importance to other aspects so that the Armenian army continues to ensure security on the border and in the region.
- Ambassador Świtalski reaffirms EU’s position on NK conflict settlement
- Armenian defense minister doesn’t see anything to worry about border situation
- Azerbaijani army fires shots in Nakhchivan section
- NK conflict does not have military solution – EU’s Tusk
- Respective statements are adopted: Colonel-General Semerikov on CSTO reaction to NK conflict