Karabakh special task forces evacuate remains of downed helicopter’s crew members
YEREVAN, NOVEMBER 22, ARMENPRESS. Due to the operation carried out by the special task forces of the Nagorno Karabakh Republic, the body of one of the members of the helicopter downed by Azerbaijan and remains of the other two pilots, as well as some necessary parts of the helicopter, have been evacuated. As reports “Armenpress”, the News and Propaganda Department of the Defense Army of the Nagorno Karabakh Republic stated about this.
“Taking into consideration the official statements by the Azerbaijani side and the absolute lack of reasoning, the Armed Forces of the Nagorno Karabakh Republic were forced to carry out a special operation to learn about the fate of the crew members of the helicopter downed by the rival on November 12 on the site and give solution to issues stemming from it. In the result of the realization of the military task, the body of one of the crew members and remains of the two pilots have been evacuated from the site of the incident along with some of the necessary parts of the helicopter. At the course of the special operation, two askyars of the rival have been eliminated. The Defense Army had no casualties.”
Previously it was reported that in the airspace of the eastern sector of the Karabakh-Azerbaijani border, in the result of the violation of the ceasefire regime, the Azerbaijani Armed Forces shot a helicopter Mi-24 of the Air Forces of the Nagorno Karabakh Republic during a training flight on November 12 at 13:45. The place of the shot is very close to the line of contact. The press service of the Defense Army of the Nagorno Karabakh Republic informed Armenpress that the rival continues firing in the direction of the incident. The details of the incident are being investigated. Later it was announced from Stepanakert that by preliminary data there are three victims. The Commander of the staff was the Major Sergey Sahakyan.
The Spokesperson of the Artsakh President Davit Babayan told Armenpress that the helicopter was not intended for military actions. “The helicopter was not intended for military actions and did not have any weapons in it. It just implemented training exercises. The helicopter was not of danger for the rival. The Azerbaijani side hit the helicopter from the back”, - said Davit Babayan.
The Minsk Group Co-Chairs (Ambassadors Igor Popov of the Russian Federation, James Warlick of the United States, and Pierre Andrieu of France) have also expressed very serious concern about the downing of a helicopter near the Line of Contact and the recent violence in their statement issued in Vienna.
- 'We remain committed to peace' – My Step faction head delivers speech at 141st Assembly of
- Armenian, Azerbaijani FMs confirm intention to meet again before the end of 2019 – OSCE MG
- “NK conflict has no military solution”, NATO supports OSCE MG co-chairs' efforts – says
- Pashinyan gifts Putin “Peace to Karabakh” book by V. Kazimirov
- Heydar Aliyev did not protest Artsakh being party to OSCE talks, unclassified 1997 US document