First reactions of Azerbaijanis prove that downing of helicopter was preplanned
YEREVAN, NOVEMBER 15, ARMENPRESS. Information Security expert Samvel Martirosyan finds that the downing of the unarmed helicopter of the Karabakh Air Force during a training flight by the Azerbaijani Armed Forces has been preplanned by Azerbaijan’s high-ranking command. The Information Security expert stated this at the course of the press conference held on November 15.
As reports “Armenpress”, among other things, Samvel Martirosyan underscored: “This was such an extraordinary case, that you cannot be proud of yourself for downing a helicopter, even if you are a general. Information must be conveyed to the Azerbaijani elite, discussed there, and only after be revealed. But as soon as the incident happened, they immediately announced about it.”
Previously it was reported that in the airspace of the eastern sector of the Karabakh-Azerbaijani border, in the result of the violation of the ceasefire regime, the Azerbaijani Armed Forces shot a helicopter Mi-24 of the Air Forces of the Nagorno Karabakh Republic during a training flight on November 12 at 13:45. The place of the shot is very close to the line of contact. The press service of the Defense Army of the Nagorno Karabakh Republic informed Armenpress that the rival continues firing in the direction of the incident. The details of the incident are being investigated. Later it was announced from Stepanakert that by preliminary data there are three victims. The Commander of the staff was the Major Sergey Sahakyan.
The Spokesperson of the Artsakh President Davit Babayan told Armenpress that the helicopter was not intended for military actions. “The helicopter was not intended for military actions and did not have any weapons in it. It just implemented training exercises. The helicopter was not of danger for the rival. The Azerbaijani side hit the helicopter from the back”, - said Davit Babayan.
The Minsk Group Co-Chairs (Ambassadors Igor Popov of the Russian Federation, James Warlick of the United States, and Pierre Andrieu of France) have also expressed very serious concern about the downing of a helicopter near the Line of Contact and the recent violence in their statement issued in Vienna.
- Pan-national potential should be united for fully protecting our interests in Artsakh issue, says
- Border tension dropped significantly after Pashinyan-Aliyev agreement in Tajikistan, says
caretaker defense minister
- No POWs in Armenia or Artsakh, says caretaker defense minister Davit Tonoyan
- Anti-Armenian phrasing removed from PACE draft resolution
- Tension significantly decreases in Artsakh frontline – President’s adviser